Table of Content
What is SEO?
Search engine optimization is the process of improving a website’s visibility in search engines. The goal of SEO is to increase traffic from organic searches by ranking high on SERPs. You may be wondering why you should invest time and money into SEO. Well, it’s simple: if you want to rank higher than your competitors, then you must optimize your site for search engines. SEO for beginners must be started from the basics.
If you are not optimizing your website for search engines, you will never see any results.
How SEO works?
The main purpose of SEO is to make your site visible and accessible to users who are searching for your products or services online. Search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc., use algorithms that rank websites based on how relevant they are to the keywords typed into their search bar.
When someone types a keyword into the search box, the search engine looks at all the web pages available on the internet and ranks them according to which ones contain the most information about that particular keyword.
Keywords are very important when it comes to SEO because they help determine where your page appears on the SERP. Every Beginner should practise SEO on their own website to get a better understanding.
Why should you optimize your site for SEO?
The main reason why people are looking for products and services online is that it saves them time. They don’t have to go out searching for information or make phone calls. Instead, they can use their computer or mobile device to find what they need.
If you want to be found when someone types in “buy shoes” or “shoes for men” then you must rank highly in those keywords. Which is done with help of SEO.
There are many reasons why you should start doing SEO. Here are some of them:
1. More Traffic – When people type certain keywords into the search bar, it will show your website on top which drives customers directly to your website.
2. Higher Conversions – If someone lands on your page after typing a keyword into Google, it means they were looking for something related to what you offer. You can then take advantage of this opportunity by converting them into customers.
3. Better Ranking – As mentioned above, if your website ranks higher than others when people search for the same terms, it means that you have a better chance of getting more customers than Competitors.
4. Better ROI – It takes less time to get leads through SEO as opposed to other marketing strategies such as paid ads. This makes it easier for businesses to generate profits.
5. Lower Cost Per Acquisition – Since SEO is cheaper than traditional advertising methods, you can reduce your cost and should not rely only on paid ads.
What are the types of SEO?
There are two main components that make up an effective SEO strategy: On-page and Off-page.
1. On-page SEO
On-page SEO refers to optimizing your content and HTML code. It includes things such as title tags, meta descriptions, alt tags, internal links, images, etc. These elements affect how well your site will perform in search results.
2. Off-page SEO
Then there is off-page SEO which involves promoting your business through social media platforms, forums, blogs, directories, etc. This helps you gain exposure and credibility among potential clients.
Off-page SEO refers to marketing activities outside of your website. These include social media, press releases, article submissions, etc.
You can also do link building using other sites that contain backlinks to yours. Backlinks are important because they provide authority and trustworthiness to your website.
In summary, these are some key takeaways:
1. SEO is an ongoing process. It takes time and effort to get results.
2. If you want to rank well, you must do keyword research. Know which keywords will bring more traffic to your site.
3. Use tools such as SEMrush to learn about your competition. This way, you can find ways to beat them.
4. Don’t forget to create content! Content marketing is one of the most important things you can do to improve your SEO.
5. Make sure to check your analytics regularly. This will give you insights into where your visitors are coming from and what they’re doing once they arrive at your site.
6. Optimize your site for mobile devices.
7. Check your site’s speed. Slow loading times can lead to lost sales.
8. Create a strong call to action. Your CTA should clearly state what you want your visitor to do.
Thank you for reading this. Please give your feedback/suggestions if any, I would love to hear.
Also, Read Introduction of Facebook Ads